Table of Contents
- What is ?
- Component of
- Version that Supports
For distributed database application environment, it is always required to synchronize different databases, back up, copy Transaction s, etc. If we are going to implement using application we have to put lots of efforts to build up the application. provides an advanced feature called . is an Automated Process for backing up, restoring, copying the transaction s and synchronizing the database for distributed database application which can improve the application performance and availability of database. In my recent project, I have done some short of experiment on it. I am going to explain it in this article.
What is ?
The main functions ofare as follows:
- Backing up the transaction of the primary database
- Copying the transaction backup to each secondary
- Restoring the transaction backup on the secondary database
For implementing, we need the following components - Primary Database , Secondary Database , and Monitor .
- Primary Database: Primary Sever is the Main Database or Database Engine , which is being accessed by the application. Primary contains the Primary Database or Master Database.
- Secondary Database: Secondary Database is a Database Engine or a different that contains the backup of primary database. We can have multiple secondary severs based on business requirements.
- Monitor: Monitor is a Database Engine which Track the process.
We can have differents for each of these s or we can use a single for these three. In my example, I have used a single for these three.
You can startby Right Click on Database >Properties >Transaction > Select Check Box, and Configure your settings.
Figure 2: Enable
Use the following settings for more configurations:
Figure 3: Transaction Backup Settings for Primary Configure Secondary :
- Must have at least two Database s or two Database Engines.
- Configuration user should have Admin privilege on that
- Agent Service Configured properly
- Configuration mode of Primary database should be a Full or Bulk ged recovery model.
- Shared folder for copying the transaction s.
Version that Supports
|2000 Standard Edition||Yes|